Here is a project I have been slowing working on. Problem is I am awake for a period of time and then I feel the “crash” coming on. I am not sure why. It’s very annoying because I have work to do and I am so tired. Maybe I should start adding exercise back into my daily routine!
In this new style of art I have found more freedom. I love mixed media projects using acrylics. My Aunt Aranga, a fellow artist too, gave me a bunch of supplies for them I am forever grateful! She brought back my painting period. Before that I was in my writing period. These periods need more creative names!
I had my poetry / book period.
Partners in policy advocacy period.
film / documentary period.
trying to rap period.
trying to sing period.
art / design graphics period.
The trouble with being an artist is that we never have a “respectable job”. Well I have been a:
- maid (too slow)
- laundry person (I enjoyed that. No one to bother me!)
- telemarketer (bad one)
- church receptionist (too empathic!)
- special needs aid (got bored)
- photo printer (I enjoyed that no one to bother me excepting waiting on customers did not like!)
- graphic artist (I was just learning and very unsure of myself. Mean co-worker put me down!)
- Avon lady (I bought more products than I sold!)
- Mary Kay (I only had one order and gave up!)
- Sales Associate / Assistant manager woman’s clothing (Customers can be so rude!)