In the beginning of this year January 2013, I got my first Chalazion in my left eye. I waited patiently after seeing the eye doctor and put ointment on it to make it go away. It didn’t. Then I had it surgically removed around March of this year. All was fine until around August when I got my second chalazion now in my right eye! I waited again patiently and tried all kinds of home remedies that didn’t work. Then a month later I got that chalazion removed only he went from the top of the eyelid this time rather than underneath. This surgery was not as successful. I still have a lumpy eyelid.
This morning I woke up with puff eyes and since both were puffy a little I didn’t think much of it. But as I examine it this evening it has the same symptoms as another chalazion this time back in the original eye, the left eye! It is red around the lash area and I see tiny white flakes on the eye lashes that are not on the healthy eyelid. I saw this flaking with previous chalazions.
Another thing I notice is when I close my eye and use my eye muscles a slight pressure pain like a strain on the muscle. So I washed my eyes with baby shampoo and have ever since January! But these darn things keep coming back. Seriously is this a curse or something? You can’t make them go away on there own. They always need surgery and I’m tired of going through this.
Please leave your chalazion comments / experience below. I do not think they are cause by poor hygiene. They say they are clogged oil ducts. Maybe its like a bateria infection but the doctor didn’t call it an infection.
- It’s not that bad but distract yourself with music if you are squeamish like me! Better yet ask for a xanax before.
- They don’t usually go away on their own.
- Most of the time surgery is a success.
- Sometimes like my last one the bump doesn’t go away. It’s better but I may need another surgery or plastic surgery because I hate the feeling of the lump.
- Doctors don’t know it all. They say its because of a blocked gland.